VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR CEMETERY TASK FORCE
The Town is looking for volunteers for a Cemetery Task Force. If you are interested please call the Supervisor's Office 679-2113 x 17 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The following is the mission and requirements for the task force:
The Woodstock Cemetery Task Force shall serve as an advisory committee to the Town of Woodstock. The Town Supervisor shall appoint all members, and the Chair. The Task Force shall consist of no less than five and no more than seven members.
The Task Force shall concern itself with the following:
- Assist the Town/Town Clerk with ensuring cemetery maps are updated and correct.
- Assist the Town/Town Clerk in ensuring deeds are accounted for and current.
- Assist Supervisor with minor issues regarding plot holders.
- Advise Supervisor on maintenance issues.
- Create fundraising opportunities.
- Assist in identifying older graves in need of repair and, when appropriate, organize volunteer efforts for restoration.
- Assist the Supervisor with inquires about the location of individual or family plots.
- Assist the Supervisor in any other cemetery related projects.
Task Force Meetings:
- The Task Force shall meet a minimum of four times a year. Additional meetings may be scheduled at the Committee’s discretion.
- The Task Force shall appoint a secretary for the purpose of keeping records/minutes.
- Minutes generated by meetings shall be forwarded to the Town Board and other appropriate Town officials.
Task Force Members shall note the following:
All final decisions pertaining to rules and regulations, landscaping/maintenance, fees, and capital improvements shall rest with the Woodstock Town Board.
The Task Force shall not at any time direct Town employees at any task. All direction of Town employees shall come only from the Town Supervisor or the employee’s direct supervisor.
Task Force members shall not engage in the sale of plots and/or directing interments. All such inquiries shall be directed to the Town Supervisor.
Summer Rec Program 2018 Hiring
The Town of Woodstock Summer Recreation Program is accepting applications for the following positions: EMT, Camp Coordinator, Arts & Crafts, Aquatics, Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguards, Athletics, and Counselors. The program runs from June 25th to August 16th. Interested candidates should contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 845 679-2113 ext. 14. *Compensation for “water safety/aquatics courses” is available.
Town of Woodstock NY
Did you know that you can find us on Facebook at Town of Woodstock NY? Like our page to be kept up to date on storm information, road closings, town sponsored events, and more.
Welcome to Woodstock
Enjoy Our Quiet Beauty!
Visiting Woodstock? Did you find a place to stay through Airbnb or a similar service? Welcome to Woodstock. BUT, one request that we have is that you PLEASE not make noise. You will be surprised to know how sound carries through our dells. PLEASE, join us in our quiet celebration of nature.
Are you renting your property out through Airbnb or a similar service? PLEASE, advise your guests to respect your neighbors and not make noise.
We have found that when this matter is brought to the attention of both visitors and renters that they bend over backwards to be a good neighbor. PLEASE pass this message on.